Need some new tunes to spice up your Spotify playlist at the gym or for when you’re going on that long run? Here are 35 tracks to refresh your workout, designed to put you in the zone and get you pumped up.
1. “All Night” by Icona PopAn infectiously catchy song that deserves to be just as big as their ubiquitous lead single.
2. “January” by DisclosureYour hipster friend’s new favorite band, Disclosure has an incredible range and this is their best, a electronic dance anthem harkening back to Earth, Wind and Fire.
3. “The ‘59 Sound” by The Gaslight AnthemThe Gaslight Anthem has yet to top this, their signature track about heartache, longing and nostalgia that does The Replacements and Bruce Springsteen proud.
4. “Roar” by Katy PerryThis song, while trite, is designed to pump you up — and dammit if it doesn’t work like gangbusters.
5. “Black Skinhead” by Kanye WestWest’s lead single off “Yeezus” is the best of the year, a song that’s off-putting, mesmerizing and genuinely blood-pumping, a track that makes you feel like a total badass.
6. “Senses Working Overtime” by XTCXTC is an instant burst of energy in your day, and this song is one of their most ebullient, an 80s classic about the consolations of humanity.
7. “Royals” by LordeLorde’s number-one hit shows her in full “Rumour Has It” swagger with a tune about grooving to your own beat, no Cadillacs necessary.
8. “Mannequin” by WireWire were known for their harder tracks, but their most infectious and electrifying tune is this post-punk put-down song that you can’t help but sing along to.
9. “Pyramids” by Frank Ocean
On top of being the best song of last year, this swirling, operatic masterpiece is nine-minutes long, meaning you won’t have to worry about changing the song.